Saturday, January 19, 2008

In the spirit of every other blog on the planet...

Seeing as every blog I've looked at recently is talking about the primaries, I figured I'd just jump right on that little bandwagon. I am decidedly liberal and am pleased that I feel as though I have many good options this year, as opposed to the past few elections where it was really the best of the worst. However, having options is more complicated than I thought. I hate to say this, but I would almost rather just wait until the primaries are over, because whoever wins will be just fine with me.
At the same time, all the attacks on Hilary are just kind of pissing me off. She is a very intelligent woman, and while I don't agree with her stance on Iraq I do agree with her on pretty much everything else. Bloggers, journalists and basically the rest of the country keep calling her out on personal issues (she teared up, big friggin deal. They make it sound like she had an all out bawlfest and did a single tear even fall? no.) It doesn't seem to matter what the poor woman does, if she's feminine she gets criticized, if she's too strong then she isn't personable enough. Personally, I think it really is just that she's a woman and too many people are scared of the possibility that a woman could run the country. Maybe what we need is a very strong woman who is a little more moderate and maybe not as "soft" as some people would like. Maybe she just needs to be a transition, to open doors for other women.
I like Obama and Edwards equally at this point, and just as much as Clinton. Edwards has little going for him in terms of blogging as everyone is so focused on Obama and Clinton. Maybe he should have done something crazy a few months ago and gotten a buzz going. Perhaps that would have placed him higher up than the far third he's running now. And if Bill Clinton would just shut his mouth, I think there might even be less of Obama in the blogs as well.
Whether or not Hilary knows what she's doing and planned it this way, everything seems to be working to keep her in people's minds. Nevertheless, I can't say that "Any press is good press" can really apply in this case.

No comments: